Wednesday, January 19, 2011

39 OMG He's Almost 40!

January 22nd will be my baby's 39th birthday, I can't believe its almost here. When we got married, way back in 1998 I swear 40 looked so far off and now (sigh) it is just around the corner. Of course I am 1 year, 2 months and 27 days younger than him but still it is all happening so fast. He's definitely still the man I want to grow old with and spend the rest of my life with its just that 13 years ago growing old still seemed pretty far off. Todd's mom told me when I turned 32 that I was pushing 40 and I laughed at her because by her logic she was pushing 100 but now we really are pushing 40. Ahhhhh! I can tell I am not going to age gracefully or willfully. Most of the time we still act like we are in our 20's, we still like to party with our friends (but now we want to be in bed no latter than midnight or it takes 2 days to recover), we still like toys and doing active things. but sitting down and talking is good now too. We still look pretty good, (I hope) but it definitely takes more effort (and in my case money) than it used to. (Sigh again) I wish we could pick our favorite age and remain that forever. I would be 25 forever because I still looked good with no effort, I could stay up all night and still get through the next day. I was young but had been through enough to not be stupid anymore like in my teens and early 20's. Coincidentally that was when we got married and other than my kids being born it was the happiest time of my life. Oh well I think the fountain of youth is about as out of reach as winning the lottery but just so y'all know I ain't going down fighting (unless I fall and can't get up :).

No comments: