Friday, January 14, 2011

Things I Will Miss

I have a really good lead on a job right now, probably the best lead/ chance I have had in over 1 and a half years and I am hopeful but trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high (sometimes it is crushing to not get it). I started thinking though of the last 2 1/2 years of "vacation" and there are definitely some things I will miss about being home so I am writing this poem in my head as I type. Forgive me if it doesn't come out right.

When I go back to work I will miss having alone time and reading lots of books.
I will miss school awards, spelling bees and class parties.
I will miss the alone time I have by myself to read or write or just sit and veg.
I will miss picking up my girls from school everyday and holding their hand while we walk to the car.
I will miss taking a shower at noon on those days it is 20 degrees outside and only 60 in the house.
I will miss games of Mario Cart after homework is done and having a good dinner ready at 5:30.
I will miss playing my I Pod at top volume and singing out loud because there is no one to hear.
I will miss a lot of stuff just off the top of my head and I am sure there is more that I just haven't said.
When i go back to work I will miss a lot but the time I've had with my kids, well I'll miss that the most.
CF 1-14-11

No comments: